Replacing your kitchen or bathroom tiles is a fun home improvement project. However, there is a risk involved in completing this activity. When removing tiles, people typically employ various tools that produce a lot of dust.
Dust is a natural byproduct of the process, but it can pose a safety risk to your home. When your building has too much dust, the indoor air quality suffers, and you’re exposed to various hazardous compounds that can impair your health. So, you can see why using Mesa Dustless tile removal is so beneficial.
Dangers of Tile Dust
Tile dust is tenacious, and it can accumulate in your HVAC system and gadgets. You can inhale it without realizing it because it’s always present in the air. It will be tough to live in your home if you have asthma, allergies, or a weak immune system.
Crystalline silica is another issue with tile dust. It’s a mineral that can be found in a variety of building materials, including:
- Asphalt, Ceramic tile, tile grout, and slate
You’ll scarcely notice that you’re already in contact with crystalline silica if any of these materials are sliced or ground. However, if you are overly exposed to these materials, you are more likely to gain silicosis soon.
Mesa Dustless Tile Removal Can Halt Dangers of Tile Dust
Silicosis is a lung condition in which the lungs get scarred. It starts with the following signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath and chest tightness
- Wheezing or severe coughing
It then manifests one of three types:
- The most frequent type of silicosis is chronic silicosis. After ten years or more of exposure to crystalline silica, it develops. Accelerated silicosis is silicosis that develops 5 to 10 years following heavy exposure to crystalline silica.
- Acute silicosis can develop weeks or months after being exposed to crystalline silica at elevated levels. Acute silicosis can kill a person in a matter of months.
- Kidney illness, lung cancer, and tuberculosis have all been related to silica. As a result, if you ever need to remove tiles in your home, it’s recommended to go with the dust-free option to keep your indoor air quality clean and free of dangerous particles.
Where to Find the Mesa Dust-Free Alternative
Kodiak dust-free tile removal is a novel and simple method for removing tiles. Because it produces no dust, it is safer than previous procedures.
Your property’s atmosphere becomes safe for you and your family by eliminating the cause of asthma, allergies, and silicosis.
Contact Kodiak Tile and Stone, or you can fill in the compact form for a direct reply.