Removing tiles in your home may not appear difficult, yet you’ll nearly always find it more challenging than you expected once you start. Knowing why and how can help you along the way if someone is working on your tiles and you are wondering what they are doing.
Knowing the how’s and whys of tile removal can help you understand how to remove tiles on your own and why you should use Gold Canyon tile removal professionals to protect your home from toxic dust.
Why Do Gold Canyon Tile Removal Experts Remove Tiles?
Aside from altering the tiles in your home, tiles are ideal for mold and crack formation. When a tile cracks, it indicates that it is losing strength and will eventually harm the entire floor or wall.
Mold thrives in conditions that are dark, humid, and moist. Mold loves to grow in the crevices between the tiles.
True, a simple scrub with a brush and detergent will address minor mold issues, but it's also possible that the mold will begin to grow beneath the tiles, causing damage to your tiles and your health.
How to Get Rid of Your Tiles
When removing tiles, keep in mind that you should do so in a well-ventilated place to prevent dust and filth from entering your home.
- Wear safety clothing: masks, gloves, and protective glasses will keep any foreign substance out of your system. Gold Canyon tile removal specialists do all of this and more without the mess.
- When you're ready, remove your tiles using these step-by-step instructions.
- Use a hammer to smash the tiles in the center. Because the edges of the tiles can be very sharp, the center is the safest location to shatter. When you plan to remove your tiles, you don't want a tile projectile to be present.
- Start tapping on grout lines with a chisel and hammer to remove the grout.
- Sweep the cracked and chipped tiles from time to time to keep your workplace clean.
- Using the chisel and hammer, remove the remaining tiles and scrape away any residual tile shards and old adhesive residue using a long-handled floor scraper.
Where Can I Find Tile Removal Experts in Gold Canyon?
By removing the tiles, you'll be able to replace the old ones with new ones, giving the area a new look. In addition, when you engage Gold Canyon tile removal professionals, they can also expose vulnerable parts of the floor that can be readily fixed or restored.
Contact Kodiak Tile and Stone for professional tile removal; we specialize in dust-free removal. You can fill in the compact form for a direct reply and learn how we remove your tiles without the risk of dangerous dust being present during the procedure with dust-free removal.